Jean Stapleton, best known as "Edith Bunker" on TV's "All In The Family", passed away in New York. She was 90.
Not only was she an actress of amazing skill and poise, but consider the obvious: There would never be an "All In The Family" today (discounting cartoons like "The Simpsons" or "Family Guy").
Every lefty PC pressure group would be screaming bloody murder about Archie's "hate speech" and every RW blabbermouth would be spittle-flecking mics everywhere about how "this show makes real Americans look stupid". (With subtle and probably not so subtle references to the show's "Hollywood elite producers", ie, Jews).
In reality, Archie was a lovable character, as was Edith. His daughter's husband, the leftist meathead, no. Edith balanced off her husband's reactionary nitwittery with common sense, as opposed to the dopey rhetoric spouted by the collegiate know it all. Which is how life is supposed to work and why it was the greatest TV show of all time.
Most Commented On
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014
- That's a terrific photo of - April 22, 2014
- CCSF liars!! - April 22, 2014
- The overall record? Do you really want to go there? - April 22, 2014
- Huh? - April 22, 2014
- He is an identity politician - April 22, 2014
- Greg, it is half of the city and not just the Mission - April 22, 2014
- Yes, and one of SFBG's three choices that id didnt have to make - April 22, 2014
- Only for Ellis and will probably be bounced by the courts - April 22, 2014
- Which is exactly what you do - April 22, 2014